Note: Preview videos be choppy seas, and may harrrbor some song issues the cap’ns haven’t yet swabbed out. Ye’d best be treatin’ them only as previews, or ye’ll be used as ballast. First mate Lowlander has the hon-arrr of preparin’ the crew’s videos.
C3 booty for September 19, 2014:
New! Tegan and Sara C01 (drummerockband)
- Tegan and Sara – “Alligator”
- Tegan and Sara – “Arrow”
- Tegan and Sara – “I Was a Fool” M
New! Billy Joel Instrumentals C01 (Lowlander and mazegeek999)
- Billy Joel – “Nocturne”
- Billy Joel – “Root Beer Rag”
- Billy Joel – “The Mexican Connection”
- Alestorm – “You Are a Pirate” 2x (Nightmare Lyra)
- Kaipa – “Electric Power Water Notes” (Lowlander and mazegeek999)
A red X be markin’ the treasure of Pro Guitar/Pro Bass charrrts, a blue M is meanin’ full multitracks, a blue K flies the “karaoke” standard (separrrated vocals), and a rusty 2x means ye’ll not be searchin’ long for a 2x Bass Pedal version.
Avast! Know ye what day it is, bilge rats? It be Septembarrr 19, Talk Like a Pirate Day! Don yer tricorner hats, grip a cutlass between yer teeth, grab a buxom lass (or fetchin’ lad) in one arrrm, and prepare to board the ship o’ Rock Band treasures with th’ other!
Now, it’s not only bein’ Talk Like a Pirate Day, but also the barrrthday of the fine lasses Tegan and Sara! Give ‘em a yo ho ho and/or a bottle o’ rum as you play these songs, or suffer a terrible curse. If ye be thinkin’ that Tegan and Sara be too much like hipstarrr music, try yer hand at Billy Joel, or perhaps two pirate-themed(-ish) shanties. We’ve plenty o’ loot to go around, ye scoundrels!
Bein’ the good cap’ns that we arrr, we even let th’ crew out o’ the brig to arrrticulate why ye should share our booty:
- “Alligatarrr” – drummarrrrockband says, “Fun Keys and Drums parts will keep you playing this over and over again.”
- “I Were a Fool” – drummarrrrockband says, “EXTREMELY fun and a good challenge on Keys and Vocals.”
- “(The Dread Pirate’s) Nocturne” – Lowlandarrr says, “One of Joel’s more solemn compositions, this keys-only track is filled with arpeggios that steadily get more complex.”
Root BeerGrog Rag” – Lowlandarrr says, “A ragtime throwback, this has something to offer every instrument (except guitar), but the spotlight is on keys, which easily comprises one of the harder charts of the song.”
- “The Spaniard Connection” – Lowlandarrr says, “Even without a vocal hook, this is easily one of Joel’s most memorable melodies. A typically great piano line is balanced by some jazzy drum work.”
- “You Arrr a Pirate” – Ghost Pirate Lyra says (as the only one in charactarrr for this fine day), “Yarr, even ye landlubbers should be able to play this bloody great tune, though only a real pirate can get a perfect score singing this old sea shanty!”
- “Electric Shark-Filled Water Notes” – Lowlandarrr says, “In The Wake Of Evolution was 2012’s sleeper hit of RBN offerings, but a portion of the song had to be cut to fit into the RBN’s, and Magma’s, constraints. Nowadays, such constraints don’t exist, and we can bring you the longest song C3 has put out since Dogs by Pink Floyd.”
But what’s a pirate shanty without some harrrmonizing? espharrr is here with H3ADShOt3 to set yer peg-leg tappin’ to 22 RBHP upgrades, including Bob Marrrley and the Wailarrrs! (Aye, have I mentioned “arrr” yet, me lovelies?) Get ye to the bottom of this cap’n’s log fer the full list, and sail to the Isle of RBHP to be claimin’ ‘em fer yer own.
We’ll be seein’ yer sorry hides next Friday! Yarrr!