Note: Videos may contain authoring issues that have been fixed, and are for preview purposes only. Video recording courtesy of Lowlander. Maneater is not included in the video below, but you can check it out in full here.
C3 releases for March 7, 2014:
New! Great Covers C02 6-pack
- All Time Low – “Umbrella” (Rihanna) (Nightmare Lyra)
- The Blues Brothers – “Theme from Rawhide” X K (clintilona)
- The Byrds – “Mr. Tambourine Man” (Bob Dylan) (farottone)
- Electric Six – “Maneater” (Hall & Oates) (pksage)
- Huey Lewis and the News – “Heart and Soul” (Exile) (RyanHYK)
- Metallica – “Die, Die My Darling” (Misfits) (Nightmare Lyra)
A red X denotes Pro Guitar/Pro Bass, a blue M denotes full multitracks, and a blue K denotes a “karaoke” multitrack (separated vocals).
Can you believe it’s almost been a year since we got started? It seems like only yesterday we were wee babbies, screaming for our metaphorical Cheerios. Our anniversary is the second full week of April, and we’re celebrating by releasing special themed packs all throughout March, with a big surprise ending on the final week that we know you’ll love. These themed weeks will explore individual aspects of what makes C3…C3, and will recall many of our past releases. (Don’t worry, though — many of these weeks have other songs on top of the special theme.)
Week 1 (March 7): Great Covers C02
Week 2 (March 14): ???
Week 3 (March 21): ???
Week 4 (March 28): ???
Week 5 (April 4): ???
The 1-Year Anniversary Week (April 11): ???
One thing we strive to do at C3 is engage you guys with cool themed packs, and Great Covers C01 (released May 24, 2013) was cooler than cool. You might say it was…ice cold? This week we revisit that theme with six cover songs by six very different bands, from Metallica to The Byrds and everything in between.
Why should you download these songs?
- “Umbrella”: Everyone knows this one — thanks, pop radio! All Time Low’s version is super energetic and fun, and will be a big hit at parties, arties, arties, ey, ey, ey.
- “Theme from Rawhide”: If you’ve never seen the show, you might know this one as “Rollin’, Rollin’, Rollin'”. The show is awesome, the Blues Brothers are awesome, and this song is awesome to sing.
- “Mr. Tambourine Man”: This version is arguably more famous than Dylan’s, and was very influential in early folk rock. Has some surprisingly fun guitar hooks!
- “Maneater”: Story time! This song was commissioned as part of an Electric Six Kickstarter by a certain someone who happens to be a long-standing member of the Rock Band community. “Released” just two weeks ago, this song is the catchiest effing thing you have ever heard, and is fun on almost everything (sorry, Keys). And it has a <Dick Valentine voice> so-loooo.
- “Heart and Soul”: This song is a Huey Lewis institution in its own right. If you need persuading to download a track by Huey Lewis and the News, I can’t help you.
- “Die, Die My Darling”: Sorry we don’t have any Misfits yet, but this is the next best thing! From the Metallica covers album that brought you “Turn the Page” and “Whiskey in the Jar”, this song’s engaging vocals and fairly easy chord patterns make it an excellent choice for “voxtar” (guitar + vocals).
Fixes uploaded in the last week to previous C3 releases include:
- Bullet for My Valentine – “Hand of Blood”: Fixed some broken talkies.
- Keane C01 3-pack: All three songs have higher-quality album art, “Is It Any Wonder?” has an improved mix, and a stem assignment issue was fixed in “Everybody’s Changing”.
- Shania Twain – “That Don’t Impress Me Much”: Added some missing snare hits and practice sections.
See you next Friday!
New! Great Covers C02 6-pack
Additional authoring credit: Pro G/B by columbo777