Note: Videos may contain authoring issues that have been fixed, and are for preview purposes only. Video recording courtesy of Lowlander.
C3 releases for April 18, 2014:
New! The Police C01 3-pack (farottone)
- The Police – “De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da”
- The Police – “King of Pain”
- The Police – “Wrapped Around Your Finger”
- Aerosmith – “Uncle Salty” X G (ws54)
- Bloodhound Gang – “Fire Water Burn” (Lowlander)
- Buckethead – “Jordan” M 2x (Nightmare Lyra) (incl. rhythm guitar version)
- Mayhem ft. Renard – “West Mansion” (Nightmare Lyra)
- Wolfblur – “Celestial Sun Goddess” M 2x (Freen in Green Freelance)
- Wolfblur – “Frostbite Cavern (RB3 version)” M 2x (Freen in Green Freelance)
A red X denotes Pro Guitar/Pro Bass charts, a blue M denotes full multitracks, a blue K denotes a “karaoke” multitrack (separated vocals), and a rusty 2x denotes that a 2x Bass Pedal version is also available. This week’s blue G denotes separated guitar and bass, with no other multitracks.
Our anniversary is over, but C3 plunges ever forward into a bright future, or some bullshit like that. This week is another of our famous(?) variety weeks, with classic rock, crazy guitar licks, our first ever “World” genre song, chiptune-y grooves, and dumb white guys. The Police C01 hearkens back to the early days of RB1 (where every other week seemed like it had The Police in it) to give you three of the last few singles we don’t have, and to bring us to 14(!) Police songs. The singles should be a big hit this week too, with GH2 classic “Jordan”, ws54’s continued campaign to author all of Toys in the Attic, and the super famous “we don’t need no water let the motherfucker burn”, among others.
A few of this week’s songs are brought to you by veterans of RBN authoring group Freen in Green, who have kindly stepped up to give us these “leftovers” that are no less delicious for having been in the fridge for two years. Thanks! (And thanks to Nightmare Lyra for making it possible.)
Why should you download these songs?
- The Police C01: Odds are very good you’ve heard all of these. The Police just have that many famous songs! The soft rock grooves hide some fun instrumentation, and everyone enjoys belting out a good Sting.
- “Uncle Salty”: Another Toys in the Attic release to help you flesh out the album! This song started as a GH:Aerosmith port, but the G/B charts have been reworked so heavily that it’s now a custom. And one with Pro G/B!
- “Fire Water Burn”: One of our most defining “how did we not get this song sooner?” moments. This song and “The Bad Touch” defined the ’90s for many people, and now you can sing along with Jimmy Pop’s lyrics about…uh…stuff.
- “Jordan”: I can play Buckethead on Expert mode! Before “TTFaF” there was “Jordan”, and now the circle is complete. Most of the guitar chart has been left intact for your GH2 nostalgia pleasure, but with plenty of touch-ups, a fun drums chart, and a chill keys part.
- “West Mansion”: Not to be confused with the metal band Mayhem! This super upbeat chiptune number is perfect for challenge-seekers who want an awesome song to jam to.
- “Celestial Sun Goddess”: Ah yes, the mythical World genre! This song definitely fits. Inspired by the excellent video game Okami, this is “West Mansion” part 2, with plenty of challenging instrumentation.
- “Frostbite Cavern (RB3 version)”: The return of an RBN1 song with keys, harmonies, and 2x Bass Pedal action, along with improvements to existing charts. More multitrack fun!
See you next Friday!
New! The Police C01 3-pack
Additional authoring credit: Pro G/B bu columbo777