Note: Videos may contain authoring issues that have been fixed, and are for preview purposes only. Video recording courtesy of Lowlander.
C3 releases for May 23, 2014:
New! Acoustica C01 6-pack
- Guns N’ Roses – “You Ain’t the First” (farottone)
- Kansas – “Dust in the Wind” (Lowlander)
- Paul McCartney – “Little Willow” (farottone)
- POM – “Deep Shift” M (GanonMetroid and AddyMilldike)
- Queensrÿche – “The Lady Wore Black (Live from MTV Unplugged)” (farottone)
- Winger – “Who’s the One” (farottone)
New! John Fogerty C01 4-pack (ws54)
- John Fogerty – “Blue Moon Nights” (incl. rhythm version)
- John Fogerty – “Centerfield”
- John Fogerty – “Deja Vu (All Over Again)”
- John Fogerty – “Hot Rod Heart”
A red X denotes Pro Guitar/Pro Bass charts, a blue M denotes full multitracks, a blue K denotes a “karaoke” multitrack (separated vocals), and a rusty 2x denotes that a 2x Bass Pedal version is also available.
Consider the acoustic guitar. The curvaceous wooden body, the luscious, thick strings, its deep-throated and sensual sound…oh my. Is it hot in here? This week we celebrate the acoustic guitar with a six-pack of acoustic songs, along with four mostly-acoustic tracks from country rocker John Fogerty (in his non-CCR Rock Band premiere!) Light the campfire, tune up your Martin or Gibson, and get ready to sing your way into someone’s pants. Or at least annoy everyone at the party with “Wonderwall” for the fifth time, you insufferable asshole.
Why should you download these songs?
- “You Ain’t the First” – A very different GnR sound than what you might be used to; downtempo with country influences like guitar slides. Very catchy! Bass is actually rhythm guitar because the song has no bass.
- “Dust in the Wind” – A timeless classic from Point of Know Return. Follow this melancholy but powerful number with a dramatic reading of “Ozymandias” for maximum effect.
- “Little Willow” – Paul McCartney delivers an almost “Blackbird”-like solemn sincerity in this number, with a simple but fun guitar hook and keys/PK for those so inclined.
- “Deep Shift” – No acoustic pack would be complete without a difficult show-off track like this one! Take a shot at FCing this guitar-only beast if you dare; it’s no “Caprici di Diablo”, but it’s no “Say It Ain’t So”, either.
- “The Lady Wore Black” – A live track in the same vein as some of Rock Band’s live Nirvana songs. Powerful vocals! If you thought we were done with Queensrÿche for a while following that album, don’t worry, farottone’s got you covered. According to farottone, “One of the best vocal performances on an MTV Unplugged set. This was the closer to a 5-song televised set, so to FC it don’t miss the final ‘Thank You’!“
- “Who’s the One” – Great for Andy Dwyer impressions! Did you know that Winger released a new album last month? I know, right? Also, bass solo!
- “Blue Moon Nights” – ws54 says, “C3 is not known for releasing much Country music. If that is your thing then maybe this Country-flavored rockabilly song will fit the bill.”
- “Centerfield” – You’ve definitely heard this one! ws54 says, “This quintessential John Fogerty song is certain to be a crowd-pleaser. Fun on every instrument.”
- “Deja Vu (All Over Again)”: ws54 says, “This song is an important and emotional song in John Fogerty’s career and is on par with Creedence at their best.”
- “Hot Rod Heart” – ws54 says, “Picture yourself in a brand new convertible on a road trip. Your mate is right next to you and THIS song comes on the radio. (This is exactly what happened to me in Hawaii.) What a perfect cruising song. If you are a Creedence fan and you don’t know this song yet you are in for a real treat.”
See you next Friday!
New! Acoustica C01 6-pack
Additional authoring credit: ThatAuthoringGroup
New! John Fogerty C01 4-pack
Additional authoring credit: drummerockband (Drums)