Note: Videos may contain authoring issues that have been fixed, and are for preview purposes only. Video recording courtesy of Lowlander.
C3 releases for November 21, 2014:
New! Placebo C01 3-pack (Ollie)
- Placebo – “Every You Every Me”
- Placebo – “Nancy Boy”
- Placebo – “Pure Morning”
New! Video Game Classics C02 3-pack
- Jun Ishikawa – “Midboss Tower” (Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land) M (Gigakoops)
- Nobuo Uematsu – “Chaos’ Temple” (Final Fantasy) M (Gigakoops)
- Tackle – “Grass Stains” (Cave Story) (pksage)
- Ed Tanguy – “Sun in Your Eyes” M (Arcanon)
A red X denotes Pro Guitar/Pro Bass charts, a blue M denotes full multitracks, a blue K denotes a “karaoke” multitrack (separated vocals), and a rusty 2x denotes that a 2x Bass Pedal version is also available. FtV denotes a song previously released by a C3 author outside of C3.
Genesis Chronicles has been released, but much like Daft Punk, our work is never over. This week we feature a 3-pack from alt-rockers Placebo, including one or two tracks that will probably trigger an “oh, THAT song!” moment. We’ve also got three more video game songs, ranging from chiptune-y to rock-y (but not Bullwinkle-y), and a multitrack single from community member Ed Tanguy.
Author comments for this week’s songs:
- “Midboss Tower” – GK says, “This song from the GBA port of Kirby’s Adventure (known as Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland) is sure to entertain both nostalgic gamers and challenge seekers, as this is an all-out barrage of notes on just about everything. Expect some shreddy guitar lines, tricky bass, and breakbeat-like drumming.”
- “Chaos’ Temple” – GK says, “This surprisingly soothing tune from the first Final Fantasy game provides a fun, simple keys experience, while keeping bass and guitar players on their toes during the chorus.”
- “Grass Stains” – I cheated a bit. This isn’t technically from the Cave Story OST, but rather the Cave Story Remix Project, which is exactly what it sounds like. This was my first multitrack GH2 custom back in 2006 or so, and though full-band stems are unfortunately out of reach, this catchy melody is very playable on all instruments.
- “Sun in Your Eyes” – Arcanon writes, “You’ve probably seen Ed Tanguy’s name around the C3 forums. You may or may not know that he’s a pretty damn good musician. ‘Sun in Your Eyes’ is a song of his I wanted to bring to RBN that, due to its closure, you now get here on C3! It features solos on every instrument, but it doesn’t feature drums, so put down the sticks and pick up the axe/keys and get soloin’!”
Fixes/updates uploaded in the last week to previously released C3 songs:
- Genesis – “No Reply At All”: Added missing drums animations
See you next Friday!