Note: Videos may contain authoring issues that have been fixed, and are for preview purposes only. Video recording courtesy of Lowlander.
C3 releases for February 27, 2015:
New! Powerful Female Voices C02 3-pack (farottone)
- Macy Gray – “I Try” (guitar and bass by ws54)
- Madonna – “Like a Prayer”
- Sade – “Nothing Can Come Between Us”
New! Silent Hill C02 9-pack
- Akira Yamaoka – “Cradle of Forest” (Nightmare Lyra)
- Akira Yamaoka – “Hometown” (Nightmare Lyra)
- Akira Yamaoka – “I Want Love” (Nightmare Lyra)
- Akira Yamaoka – “I Want Love (Studio Mix)” (ghostbyob and Nightmare Lyra ft. Sideshow)
- Akira Yamaoka – “Innocent Moon (Other Take)” (Nightmare Lyra)
- Akira Yamaoka – “Love Psalm” (Nightmare Lyra)
- Akira Yamaoka – “Promise” (ghostbyob and Nightmare Lyra)
- Akira Yamaoka – “Promise (Reprise)” (Nightmare Lyra and ghostbyob)
- Akira Yamaoka – “Waiting For You ~ LIVE AT Heaven’s Night” (ghostbyob and Nightmare Lyra ft. Sideshow)
A red X denotes Pro Guitar/Pro Bass charts, a blue M denotes full multitracks, a blue K denotes a “karaoke” multitrack (separated vocals), and a rusty 2x denotes that a 2x Bass Pedal version is also available. FtV denotes a song previously released by a C3 author outside of C3.
Almost 18 months after the first one, farottone is back with three more songs featuring, as the pack name suggests, powerful female vocals. Harmonix has done an okay job of pursuing female lead singers, but there’s always room for more, and we’ve got some real mega-hits! Nightmare Lyra delivers another big C02 punch this week with more Silent Hill tracks, fleshing out the discography she started with big themes in 2013 and 2014.
Authors’ comments for this week’s songs:
- Silent Hill C02 – NL writes, “The Silent Hill series is something that has always fascinated me long before I even got to play the games themselves. The focus on story, the great use of horror and, of course, the amazing soundtrack have always been something I have admired and that have inspired me artistically, so to pay tribute to my favorite game series I decided to make this pack with the huge help of the charting of Ghostbyob and Sideshow, and the testing help of BravoGangUS. Beyond the fact that the music itself is amazing, there is fun to be had here across all instruments, with some songs being rocking full band numbers with great guitar solos while others are more downtempo with a bigger focus on Keys and Vocals, so I hope you will all enjoy it in some form or another!”
- “Cradle of Forest” – Easy but fun song for the whole band that is also great for Pro Keys practice.
- “Hometown” – A haunting remix of the original Silent Hill theme with a great new vocal performance.
- “I Want Love” – The version of this song heard in the game, a melancholy and chill piece with a great piano riff.
- “I Want Love (Studio Mix)” – A passionate love song with amazing vocals and a really fun guitar solo.
- “Innocent Moon (Other Take)” – A vocal remix of one of the most memorable songs from Silent Hill 3 with great Keys.
- “Love Psalm” – Great jazz-infused rock track with a beautiful riff, great guitar solo, energetic drums and some great bass lines to round things out.
- “Promise” – An iconic instrumental piece with great riffs and fun drum fills.
- “Promise (Reprise)” – A mellow little tune for all of the Keys players out there.
- “Waiting For You” – Great rock track for the full band, with 2 guitar solos and another brilliant vocal performance.
Fixes uploaded in the last week to previous C3 releases:
- Ian Dorsch – “Zero Punctuation Theme”: Now has full multitracks and new charts to match!
See you next Friday!