Note: Videos may contain authoring issues that have been fixed, and are for preview purposes only. Video recording courtesy of Lowlander.
C3 releases for March 13, 2015:
New! Guns N’ Roses C03 (Use Your Illusion II) 4-pack (farottone)
- Guns N’ Roses – “14 Years”
- Guns N’ Roses – “Civil War”
- Guns N’ Roses – “Get in the Ring”
- Guns N’ Roses – “Yesterdays”
A red X denotes Pro Guitar/Pro Bass charts, a blue M denotes full multitracks, a blue K denotes a “karaoke” multitrack (separated vocals), and a rusty 2x denotes that a 2x Bass Pedal version is also available. FtV denotes a song previously released by a C3 author outside of C3.
Guess who’s back? Back again? He gave you four hits from Appetite, he gave you three hits from Use Your Illusion I, and this week marks the third installment of farottone’s Guns N’ Roses Greatest Hits series with four more from Use Your Illusion II. (Remember, “Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door” was released a few months back, or it’d be in here too!) Bust out the black top hat or your best nasally (but still strangely appealing) voice and get rocking with these classic tracks from the early ’90s.
Let’s address the 2 elephants in the room:
1) “Why these 4 and not (insert random UYI2 song starting with You Could Be Mine)?”. Because even getting this pack out has been murder and without some help from Bandolero1 who did reductions and Addy who did guitar, we couldn’t have this out anyway. We will try to revisit this album in the future.
2) “Why no keys?”. Because this pack was the reason #1 we changed policy on keys. They’re buried, they’re terribly hard to do and they held up this pack for years. It’s not a trend, we have no other song missing keys scheduled and if it happens again it’s gonna be a sporadic thing.
Regarding the tracks, I think classic GnR is just the perfect thing for Rock Band: instruments are fun though not too difficult to manage and the songs are pretty well known. Now, guitar will pose issues and if you want to FC most of these on vocals you’re gonna have a hard time. Get in the Ring is crazy, 14 Years has a very deceptive chorus and Civil War can be tricky. If you, like me, play Rock Band on e-drums you’re gonna find yourself inspired playing these songs because Matt Sorum played a very physical but not skills-demanding style and it’s just made for fun drumming. Knocking On Heaven’s Door has been one of our most successful release ever so we hope a pack from the same album will satisfy your thirst for good 90’s hard rock/metal/blues/whatever the guys felt like playing on any given song. One last thing: if you don’t know Get in the Ring, the Mature tag is not there just because of a couple of swear words, the whole song is a profanity fuelled rant that probably tops the “How did that NOT result in multiple lawsuits” chart. I still chuckle every time I hear Rose calling out Bob Guccione Jr. Ah, the good ol’ days when you got your music information from magazines…
Fixes uploaded in the last week to previous C3 releases:
- Marillion – “Kayleigh”: Added new venue animations
- Rush – “Superconductor”: Added new venue animations
See you next Friday!