Note: Videos may contain authoring issues that have been fixed, and are for preview purposes only. Video recording courtesy of Lowlander. This video doesn’t contain “Doctor Worm”, because pksage is a procrastinator, but it does contain our two April Fools’ songs.
C3 releases for April 3, 2015:
New! They Might Be Giants C01 3-pack
- They Might Be Giants – “Ana Ng” (pksage)
- They Might Be Giants – “Birdhouse in Your Soul” (MiltoniusPrime, pksage, and clumsy_plumsy)
- They Might Be Giants – “Doctor Worm” (pksage and MiltoniusPrime)
New! LittleKuriboh C01 3-pack (Arcanon)
- LittleKuriboh – “Paraboss (ft. ShadyVox and TheAzureCrow)” M
- LittleKuriboh – “Pharaoh’s Throne” M
- LittleKuriboh – “The King of Rhymes (ft. ShadyVox)” K
- Golden Earring – “Twilight Zone” (MFX)
- Mastodon – “The Last Baron” 2x (BearzUnlimited)
A red X denotes Pro Guitar/Pro Bass charts, a blue M denotes full multitracks, a blue K denotes a “karaoke” multitrack (separated vocals), and a rusty 2x denotes that a 2x Bass Pedal version is also available. FtV denotes a song previously released by a C3 author outside of C3.
They might be rain, they might be heat, but they’re definitely coming to your Rock Band library this week! They Might Be Giants finally accordions their way into C3, along with the huge single “Twilight Zone”, a lengthy prog epic from Mastodon’s Crack the Skye, and a 3-pack from the creator of Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged, LittleKuriboh. When does the bullet hit the bone? That’s nobody’s business but the Turks.
Authors’ comments for this week’s releases:
- TMBG C01 – They Might Be Giants is one of those bands that was suspiciously absent from official DLC. You’d think they’d have gotten at least one song, right? This pack starts to remedy that with three of the band’s biggest hits, including charting singles “Ana Ng” and “Birdhouse in Your Soul”. “Doctor Worm” finishes out the pack with some very Rock-Band-y lyrics. If you’ve only heard of TMBG through “Istanbul (Not Constantinople)” or “Boss of Me” (from Malcolm in the Middle), do yourself a favor and check out all three of these!
- “Paraboss” – Arcanon says, “A parody of the second half of Tenacious D’s ‘Beelzeboss (The Final Showdown).’ This is the climactic song sung by all 3 main characters (and two others) in the Abridged version of the movie ‘Yu-Gi-Oh! Bonds Beyond Time.'”
- “Pharaoh’s Throne” – Arcanon says, “A parody of Lady Gaga’s ‘Telephone.’ This is the third Lady Gaga parody done by LittleKuriboh featuring characters from his Abridged series. It was created as a result of Card Games for Charity 5, held to raise money for voice actor Dan Green (Yugi Muto/Yami) after his wife’s tragic passing.”
- “The King of Rhymes” – Arcanon says, “Also known as ‘YUGI VS JADEN – BATTLE!,’ this epic four-part rap battle pulls from Xzibit’s ‘X,’ Prime Cut’s rap from The Brak Show, Eminem’s ‘Business,’ and Flight of the Conchords’ ‘Hiphopopotamus vs. Rhymenoceros’ to show what would happen if these two main characters threw down with rhymes instead of cards. Grab a friend for this one, you’re gonna want to play the harmonies.”
- “Twilight Zone” – MFX says, “I created a new mix for this, featuring banded pseudo-stems for bass and drums, coming in at just under 6 minutes. It’s derived from the 8 minute album version, but cuts down the solo section in the same location as the shorter radio edit. Best part is that it adds a definitive ending that those mixes lacked (having fade-outs, both) while keeping the repeated choruses of the long version for extra vocal singalong fun.”
- “The Last Baron” – Bearz says, “This prog metal epic has fun, varied drums with lots of crazy fills. The guitar and bass parts both have their share of technical riffs as well. The vocals are interesting don’t just sit around while the other instruments solo, either.” For an alternate version of this song with all “ghost notes” authored, check out our Other Customs forum.
Fixes uploaded in the last week to previous C3 releases:
- Jonathan Wolff – “Seinfeld”: Now correctly in stereo instead of mono.
See you next Friday!