Note: Videos may contain authoring issues that have been fixed, and are for preview purposes only. Video recording courtesy of Lowlander. This video contains a future C3 release that we ended up bumping to a later week. Enjoy your spoilers!
C3 releases for April 10, 2015:
New! C3 Anniversary Multitracks C02 5-pack
- Britney Spears – “…Baby One More Time” M (Dash Riprock, EmotionalDaisy, and pksage)
- Lady Gaga – “Marry the Night” M (GreenPanda12 and Arcanon)
- Madonna – “Borderline” M (farottone)
- Michael Jackson – “Rock With You” M (farottone)
- Robbie Williams – “Let Me Entertain You” M (DVDSmith)
A red X denotes Pro Guitar/Pro Bass charts, a blue M denotes full multitracks, a blue K denotes a “karaoke” multitrack (separated vocals), and a rusty 2x denotes that a 2x Bass Pedal version is also available. FtV denotes a song previously released by a C3 author outside of C3.
It’s hard to believe that it’s been two years since “The Rapture”, a small group of Rock Band nerds’ dream to get just one more week of DLC. Well, somehow one week turned into one hundred, and the 26 songs we released that day became over 1,000(!). If we were Harmonix and our first week was RB1, The Beatles: Rock Band would be brand new, and we’d be preparing to release the first Tom Petty pack. And now the real Harmonix is developing Rock Band 4! What a trip, man. We’re excited to be here, and to continue to provide weekly “DLC” until Harmonix starts back up.
It’s true — as farottone recently posted on our forums, we’ll be winding down later this year in deference to RB4 and the actual developers. We’ll continue to provide a platform for community customs, and all C3 customs will continue to be available, minus any that are released as official content. We’ll give you more info as RB4’s release draws closer, but that’s a long way off, so for now…it’s party time! Like our first anniversary, we’ve got a pack full of multitrack customs for your note-missing and karaoke-ing pleasure. If you’re a stickler for that genuine Rock Band feel, look no further! And remember, you can always filter our database to show only multitracked songs.
I know we do this next bit a lot, but I’d like to take a second to appreciate everyone that’s made C3 what it is today. TrojanNemo helped get us off the ground and coded almost all of our critical tools; the current accessibility of customs authoring is almost entirely thanks to him. Fellow admins Nyxyxylyth and espher have also been there from the start, wrangling our plans and our forums and all kinds of other stuff. Our crew of dedicated authors, many of which have ALSO also been there from close to the start, make our content possible. (Special shout-outs to our most prolific authors, including Nightmare Lyra, BearzUnlimited, Gigakoops, RyanHYK, Lowlander2, drummerockband, Arcanon, Ollie, and ws54. You all rock, even if you weren’t listed!) But everyone I’ve just mentioned would agree that farottone deserves the lion’s share of the praise, even if he really hates it when I do this. farottone has produced over 350 full songs, which accounts for a full 1/3rd of our post-Rapture content. Mostly, though, he’s kept the faith this entire time, continuing to plan packs, help our authors, post on the forums, and generally be way more active than most of us. The name says that C3 is a collective, and it is, but farottone is what keeps us together. You rock, man.
Authors’ comments for this week’s releases:
- “…Baby One More Time” – Back in February, I promised DR that I’d pick this song up for the anniversary pack. farottone reminded me of that promise yesterday, and I decided to bust ass overnight to get it done in time. I’m writing this at 3 AM as a result, but it’s Britney O’Clock somewhere! This song is the perfect addition to Toxic, one of our most-downloaded tracks, and is liquid nostalgia if you grew up with it. But even beyond its catchy vocal hooks and overall party appeal, you’ve got a chunky bassline, actual guitar on Guitar, and a driving drum beat!
- “Borderline” – farottone says, “MFX did an incredible job at remixing the raw stems so that the song in game now sounds even better than the original. If you’re enjoying the song in Rock Band 3 a ton of credit goes to him!”
- “Let Me Entertain You” – DVDSmith says, “A massive hit from the UK’s biggest-selling solo artist, this song is a must-have for EVERY Rock Band player. Insanely enjoyable on all instruments. And if you don’t know who Robbie Williams is, check out this video and see why he’s considered one of the greatest British artists of the last 25 years.”
See you next Friday!