Note: Videos may contain authoring issues that have been fixed, and are for preview purposes only. Video recording courtesy of Lowlander.
C3 releases for May 29, 2015:
New!* Sonic the Hedgehog C01 4-pack
- Crush 40 – “Knight of the Wind” K 2x (DVDSmith)
- Crush 40 – “Open Your Heart” 2x (DVDSmith and Gigakoops) [FtV]
- Crush 40 – “What I’m Made Of…” (DVDSmith)
- Sonic Adventure 2 – “Escape from the City” 2x (DVDSmith)
- Radiohead – “Nude” M (Ruck Bogers 22 ft. BearzUnlimited)
- Rick James – “Super Freak” (Nunchuck, Sygenysis, and farottone)
- T-ara – “Little Apple (ft. Chopsticks Brothers)” (AddyMilldike)
A red X denotes Pro Guitar/Pro Bass charts, a blue M denotes full multitracks, a blue K denotes a “karaoke” multitrack (separated vocals), and a rusty 2x denotes that a 2x Bass Pedal version is also available. FtV denotes a song previously released by a C3 author outside of C3.
This week looks like some of our original 2013 releases — lots of variety and some fan favorites! I’m overly fond of saying “there’s something for everyone”, but between the high-energy riffs of Crush 40, the modern downtempo crooning of Thom Yorke, the dance beat of T-ara, or Rick James’s classic funk jam, we’re really doing it this week. Man, we’re good.
Authors’ comments for this week’s songs:
- “Knight of the Wind” – DVDSmith writes, “This high-speed theme song from Sonic and the Black Knight quickly became one of the most popular Crush 40 songs when it was released in 2009.”
- “Open Your Heart” – DVDSmith writes, “Originally from 1998’s Sonic Adventure, this song appeared on one of the first ever Guitar Hero II custom discs way back in 2007, and it’s not hard to see why, with its relentless guitar and bass riffs, pounding drums, and lyrics translated directly from Japanese. This song has floated around the customs scene for a few years now – the C3 version contains more accurate guitar, bass and drum charts (thanks to Crush 40 releasing an instrumental version), including a bass chart that is a LOT more difficult than any seen before! Definitely the most challenging song of the pack, but insanely fun to play.”
- “What I’m Made Of…” – DVDSmith writes, “The theme to the final boss from Sonic Heroes, and another one of Crush 40’s most popular songs. This is my personal favourite, it’s fun on all instruments and a blast to sing.”
- “Escape from the City” – DVDSmith writes, “This song appears as the background music to City Escape, the first level in Sonic Adventure 2. With its upbeat sound and feelgood lyrics, it has become arguably the most popular song to come from a Sonic game. I know this custom has been anticipated for a long time now, so sorry it took so long!”
- “Nude” – Ruck Bogers writes, “This song was ten years in the making for Radiohead, first appearing during the OK Computer tour in 1997 but not seeing a studio release until 2007’s In Rainbows. Along with tracks like No Surprises and How To Disappear Completely, Nude is vintage ‘mellow-sounding but lyrically sombre’ Radiohead. This track is especially fun on Bass and will present a challenge for vocalists.”
- “Little Apple” – Addy writes, “A Korean cover of a Chinese song. Featuring the original artists during the choruses. Highlights include a consistent drum part with a choke-worthy fill, good harmonies and an easy-going keys part with some fast notes.”
See you next Friday!