Note: Videos may contain authoring issues that have been fixed, and are for preview purposes only. Video recording courtesy of Lowlander.
C3 releases for June 5, 2015:
New! Journey C01 8-pack
- Journey – “Anytime” (DoNotPassGo and Nyxyxylyth)
- Journey – “Faithfully” (DoNotPassGo and ejthedj)
- Journey – “Feeling That Way” (DoNotPassGo and Nyxyxylyth)
- Journey – “Feeling That Way/Anytime” (DoNotPassGo and Nyxyxylyth)
- Journey – “Lights” (DoNotPassGo and Nyxyxylyth)
- Journey – “Lovin’, Touchin’, Squeezin'” (Gep, DoNotPassGo, and Nyxyxylyth)
- Journey – “Open Arms” (DoNotPassGo ft. AddyMilldike and Nyxyxylyth)
- Journey – “Stone in Love” (DoNotPassGo and ejthedj)
- Journey – “Wheel in the Sky” (DoNotPassGo and Nyxyxylyth)
Songs marked with are part of our month-long EIGHTIESTRAVAGANZA!
A red X denotes Pro Guitar/Pro Bass charts, a blue M denotes full multitracks, a blue K denotes a “karaoke” multitrack (separated vocals), and a rusty 2x denotes that a 2x Bass Pedal version is also available. FtV denotes a song previously released by a C3 author outside of C3.
I’m all out of 80s-friendly terminology from the post below this one, but what better way to kick off our awesome 80s party than freaking JOURNEY? It’s really happening! These veterans of classic rock radio stations and karaoke bars across the world barrel their way into RB3 this week with eight huge tracks not covered by Harmonix. (Unfortunately, you’re too late to buy “Don’t Stop Believing”, but you can still boot up RB2 to rock “Any Way You Want It”, and we released “Separate Ways” back in 2013!)
This pack is something that I’m incredibly thrilled to finally see released. It started as one or two Journey songs that I wanted to chart, and grew into something that I feel is LONG overdue here at C3!
Big shoutout to everyone who helped to make this pack possible. Nyx took the reins and offered to chart vocals for three songs of the pack right from the get go; that in itself made things much easier for me. Far was a main playtester and reviewer for most of the songs in this release, and everything would not have been possible without his effort and assistance. Quick shout outs to ejthedj, AddyMilldike, and ws54 for their input and help as well.
Large thanks also to Gep for putting in the work to bring his Lovin’ project up to a C3 release. Congrats on your first C3 release!
And here’s what he has to say for each song:
- “Faithfully” – It’s been requested countless times, and now it’s finally here in all its key heavy, C3 glory. This is likely Journey’s next most popular and well known song following Don’t Stop Believin’.
- “Feeling That Way/Anytime” – While technically two songs, the original album has Feeling This Way segue immediately into Anytime; as a result, many radio stations play the two tracks as one single song. Thus, I have included both individual versions of these songs, along with one 7 minute single song version. The alternating vocals between lead singer Steve Perry and piano/keys musician Gregg Rolie, throughout both of these songs, lead to a magical symphony of harmonies and catchy sections that easily draw you in. I highly recommend picking up these songs even if you do not initially recognize or know them.
- “Lights” – The song is a ballad about Journey’s city of origin, San Francisco. Originally a more minor hit, it was become more popular over the years, and is now one of Journey’s most popular and recognizable hits that is often play on the radio.
- “Open Arms” – A softer song from Journey’s library, and a song that was almost left off the originally album completely. This power ballad is staple in Journey’s live performances, and is, in my opinion, one of arena rock’s most beautiful ballads of all time.
- “Stone in Love” – With likely the catchiest riff from this entire pack, the Guitar is a huge highlight off of this track; along with Smith’s drumming being incredibly on point. While more of a sleeper in this whole pack, I highly recommend the download as it contains some of the most fun instrument charts in this release.
- “Wheel in the Sky” – This song was written around the time that the band was deciding to follow a new direction in edgier and harder rock pieces. Keys take a backstage here, leading to some of the most enjoyable and fun-to-play charts for Guitar, Bass, and Drums in this entire pack.
See you next Friday!
New! Journey C01 8-pack
Download the whole pack as one file(note: includes “Feeling That Way” and “Anytime” as separate songs)