Note: Videos may contain authoring issues that have been fixed, and are for preview purposes only. Video recording courtesy of Lowlander.
C3 releases for July 10, 2015:
New! April Wine C01 5-pack (ws54 and CrazyCanuck)
- April Wine – “I Like to Rock”
- April Wine – “Just Between You and Me”
- April Wine – “Say Hello”
- April Wine – “Sign of the Gypsy Queen”
- April Wine – “Tell Me Why”
New! Deftones C01 3-pack
- Deftones – “Change (In the House of Flies)” (Gigakoops)
- Deftones – “Diamond Eyes” 2x (Gigakoops)
- Deftones – “Knife Prty” 2x (BearzUnlimited)
- Brand New – “The Quiet Things That No One Ever Knows” (Gigakoops)
- ONE OK ROCK – “NO SCARED” (RyanHYK)
- PrinceWhateverer – “Taking Flight” M 2x (LyokoFreaks, Linos Melendi, and Nightmare Lyra)
A red X denotes Pro Guitar/Pro Bass charts, a blue M denotes full multitracks, a blue K denotes a “karaoke” multitrack (separated vocals), and a rusty 2x denotes that a 2x Bass Pedal version is also available. FtV denotes a song previously released by a C3 author outside of C3.
Now that the Eightiestravaganza is over, we’ve got another week in the proud tradition of C3. Some mega-hits, some more obscure songs, some popular bands, some author favorites…we’ve got it all! Shout-outs to Rock Band freshmen Brand New and April Wine, along with most of the big Deftones singles we didn’t have, more J-Rock, and another MLP fan song.
Authors’ comments for this week’s songs:
- “I Like to Rock” – ws54 writes, “Although April Wine were popular in Canada for many years, it wasn’t until the riff heavy ‘I Like to Rock’ from their 7th album that their international success really took off. Fun on all instruments and it should make for a good party song for classic rockers.”
- “Just Between You and Me” – ws54 writes, “A crunchy power ballad from April Wine’s most successful album and their biggest US hit.”
- “Say Hello” – ws54 writes, “A minor hit for April Wine, Say Hello has a laid back groove to it. Layered guitars is what April Wine is known for and this song delivers that plus some great harmonies too.”
- “Sign of the Gypsy Queen” – ws54 writes, “For many people this will be the can’t miss song of this pack. The song represents April Wine at their peak and is a staple on Classic Rock radio today. A big shout out has to go to CrazyCanuck for charting all of the drums for this pack. Without him this pack probably would have only been no more than a 3-pack and maybe less.”
- “Tell Me Why” – ws54 writes, “April Wine does this great Beatles song justice. The pace is slowed down for a soulful rendering of this classic. Some beautiful 2-part harmonies, and great guitar work.”
- “Change (In the House of Flies)” – Gigakoops writes, “One of Deftones’ biggest hits, yet somehow never released on Rock Band. This one should go great at parties, and also has some fun vocals, drums, and bass.”
- “Diamond Eyes” – Gigakoops writes, “This one should prove fun, yet not entirely challenging, on pretty much everything. It’s also got a really catchy chorus, and should especially be fun to sing.”
- “Knife Prty” – Bearz writes, “A fan-favorite (probably) from the acclaimed White Pony. Drums are the highlight of this song, with lots of variety and fills. Vocals are interesting as well, with backing vocals like a horror-movie version of Great Gig in the Sky. Guitar has a fun, energetic riff and there’s a unique bassline as well.”
- “The Quiet Things That No One Ever Knows” – Gigakoops writes, “This track marks the first Brand New song to be put on Rock Band via official releases or C3 releases. It’s got a killer vocal line, and isn’t too shabby on the instruments, either. Especially guitar, which provides a fun but not entirely challenging chart.”
See you next Friday!