Note: Videos may contain authoring issues that have been fixed, and are for preview purposes only. Video recording courtesy of Lowlander.
C3 releases for August 14, 2015:
New! Grand Theft Auto: Vice City C01 5-pack
- Autograph – “Turn Up the Radio” X (DVDSmith ft. columbo777)
- Bryan Adams – “Run to You” (DVDSmith)
From “Flash FM”
- Laura Branigan – “Self Control” (farottone)
From “Flash FM”
- Michael Jackson – “Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin'” (farottone)
From “Fever 105”
- Queensrÿche – “Queen of the Reich” 2x (farottone)
From “V-Rock” (Vice City Stories)
- The Pretenders – “From the Heart Down” (ws54)
A red X denotes Pro Guitar/Pro Bass charts, a blue M denotes full multitracks, a blue K denotes a “karaoke” multitrack (separated vocals), and a rusty 2x denotes that a 2x Bass Pedal version is also available. FtV denotes a song previously released by a C3 author outside of C3.
Outside of music games, there are a few franchises known for their really good OSTs. We’ve already covered Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater, so what’s the other really big one? That’s right — it’s the larcenous, foul-mouthed, prostitute-killing, spawn-a-jetpack-and-a-tank-and-go-crazy-before-reloading-your-save radio stations of Grand Theft Auto. This week you can embrace your inner Tommy Vercetti and…well, to avoid any killing sprees with Rock Band guitars, let’s say “embrace your favorite Vice City radio station” instead. And coincidentally, it gives us several amazing rock songs to fill the holes in our classic rock/classic pop catalog! Across the pond from Vice City, we’ve also got a single from UK rockers the Pretenders! Please do not accept any missions from Chrissie Hynde, that will not go well for you.
Authors’ comments for this week’s songs:
- “Turn Up the Radio” – DVDSmith writes, “This song was featured on hard rock/heavy metal station V-Rock, and is a staple of the glam metal genre that dominated the rock scene of the 1980s. Perfect for massive singalongs, and it features a furious tapping guitar solo that is sure to give your fingers a workout, so good luck!”
- “Run to You” – DVDSmith writes, “From pop station Flash FM, this is my favourite song from the entire Vice City soundtrack, and 13 years later is still overall one of my favourite songs from one of my favourite albums. Bryan Adams is criminally underrepresented in Rock Band, so I’m very happy to help double the number of songs he has in the game. Not particularly hard on any instrument, but incredibly fun to sing.”
- “From the Heart Down” – ws54 writes, “A highly intelligent love song that always seems to choke me up a little. Written by Billy Steinberg who also wrote dozens of big hits including No 1 songs for Madonna, Cyndi Lauper, Bangles and others. As a Rock Band song it is not particularly difficult but it has a great guitar solo and of course the vocals are stellar — it is Chrissie Hynde after all.”
See you next Friday!