Looking for today’s Twelve Days reveal? Scroll down or click here!
Note: Videos may contain authoring issues that have been fixed, and are for preview purposes only.
C3 releases for December 20, 2013:
New! Christmas 2013 4-pack
- Elmo & Patsy – “Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer” (Nightmare Lyre and TrojanNemo)
- Paul McCartney – “Wonderful Christmastime” (drummerockband)
- Savatage (Trans-Siberian Orchestra) – “Christmas Eve (Sarajevo 12/24)” (Nightmare Lyre and TrojanNemo)
- Wham! – “Last Christmas” (farottone)
New! A Very Metal Christmas 4-pack
- Austrian Death Machine – “It’s Turbo Time” (Gigakoops and Nightmare Lyre) (incl. 2x Bass Pedal)
- I Declare War – “Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer” (Gigakoops) (incl. 2x Bass Pedal)
- KoRn – “Kidnap the Sandy Claws” M (Pearlized Pistol and Nightmare Lyre) (incl. 2x Bass Pedal)
- Wednesday 13 – “Buried by Christmas” (Gigakoops)
A red X denotes Pro Guitar/Pro Bass, a blue M denotes full multitracks, and a blue K denotes a “karaoke” multitrack (separated vocals).
Happy holidays, everyone! We’re currently in the middle of The Twelve Days of Customs (see all of the other posts around this one), but that won’t stop us from releasing actual holiday music. Harmonix had a decent run of holiday songs, but we’re confident that ours will have even more replay value. That’s right! Shots fired.
Kicking off our first Christmas pack (I promise we would have called it a “holiday” pack if we’d had any non-Christmas-y songs in it) is Nightmare Lyre’s authoring of the holiday classic “Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer”. Some kids’ songs you never outgrow, especially if those songs involve manslaughter! Bust this one out for your younger family at this year’s holiday party.
drummerockband delivers another Christmas classic with Paul McCartney’s “Wonderful Christmastime”. Everyone remembers the chorus lyrics to this, but not everyone knows that it’s just dripping with ’80s new wave! Like, wow, I totally remembered this song differently.
“Wonderful Christmastime” is a great vocals classic, but if plastic instruments are more your thing, play Savatage’s “Christmas Eve (Sarajevo 12/24)” by Nightmare Lyre. You may know this song better as a Trans-Siberian Orchestra track; they’re basically the same band. (Cue angry fans in 3…2…1…) This song has a memorably epic guitar line.
Our first pack is closed out by farottone, with the ’80s-est, most ballad-y-est Christmas song he could come up with: Wham!’s “Last Christmas”. Listen to that synth! If your mom’s not a big Limp Bizkit fan, this might be right up her alley.
If “boring”, “traditional” Christmas songs aren’t your “thing” (and you really like “air quotes”), you might want our other pack: A Very Metal Christmas! Gigakoops got this pack off the ground with three personal selections. “Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer” has the refrain that you know and love/hate, and then crashes the Reindeer Games with sludgy orrwweeeeee. “It’s Turbo Time” comes from Austrian Death Machine’s super-festive and happy Christmas EP, Jingle All the Way, and is also pretty effing metal. Wednesday 13’s “Buried by Christmas” is a little more accessible — that chorus can totally stick in your head! — but still has plenty of “____-core” lyric stylings to tickle you to your metal core.
Pearlized Pistol and Nightmare Lyre also kicked in for this pack! There exists an album of Nightmare Before Christmas cover songs called Nightmare Revisited, and we were very sad not to have any of them in our Halloween pack. But that’s the best thing about Nightmare Before Christmas; you get another shot two months later! KoRn’s take on “Kidnap the Sandy Claws”, originally sung by those annoying kids Lock, Shock, and Barrel, is certainly metal enough for this pack. And man, it was so satisfying beating those kids up in Kingdom Hearts.
But there’s one more present under the tree! We’ve got 25 new RBHP upgrades this week from espher, GreenPanda12, MarsPhoenix, and thomeval! On the holiday front, we’ve got the 2007 Christmas songs (six years after their original release!), “Hanukkah Blessings”, and RBN’s “Snowmaiden” and “Children of December”, along with the Mayhem Tour pack, the Paul McCartney live pack, and many others! Check out the full list at the bottom of this post, and visit the RBHP sheet to download the upgrades.
We hope you guys have a great end of the year; it’s been a pleasure serving you custom DLC in 2013. Next week’s release will be on Wednesday (Christmas Day), the megapack release of our Twelve Days of Customs project. We’ll be taking Friday the 27th off after that release, but the week after THAT will have more new songs.
See you on Christmas!
New! Christmas 2013 4-pack
Elmo & Patsy – “Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer” (Nightmare Lyre)
Paul McCartney – “Wonderful Christmastime” (drummerockband)
Savatage – “Christmas Eve (Sarajevo 12/24)” (Nightmare Lyre)
Wham! – “Last Christmas” (farottone)
New! A Very Metal Christmas 4-pack
Austrian Death Machine – “It’s Turbo Time” (Gigakoops)
I Declare War – “Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer” (Gigakoops)
KoRn – “Kidnap the Sandy Claws” (Pearlized Pistol and Nightmare Lyre)
Wednesday 13 – “Buried by Christmas” (Gigakoops)
Rock Band Harmonies Project – December 20, 2013
Visit the RBHP spreadsheet to download these upgrades.
Rock Band DLC 2007 Harmony Upgrades
- 30 Seconds to Mars – “Attack” (GreenPanda12)
- 30 Seconds to Mars – “The Kill” (GreenPanda12)
- The Sounds – “Song With a Mission” (espher)
Rock Band DLC 2008 Harmony Upgrades
- Barenaked Ladies – “Hanukkah Blessings” (espher)
- Hinder – “Use Me” (espher)
- The Hives – “Die, All Right!” (thomeval)
- Lynyrd Skynyrd – “Gimme Three Steps” (espher)
- Stone Temple Pilots – “Interstate Love Song” (espher)
Rock Band DLC 2009 Harmony Upgrades
- Behemoth – “Conquer All” (espher)
- The Black Dahlia Murder – “What a Horrible Night to Have a Curse” (espher)
- Cannibal Corpse – “Hammer Smashed Face” (espher)
- God Forbid – “Empire of the Gun” (espher)
- Job For A Cowboy – “Embedded” (espher)
- Marilyn Manson – “Disposable Teens” (espher)
- No Doubt – “New” (espher)
- Whitechapel – “This Is Exile” (espher)
Rock Band DLC 2010 Harmony Upgrades
- The Mother Hips – “Third Floor Story” (MarsPhoenix)
- The Mother Hips – “White Falcon Fuzz” (espher)
- Paul McCartney – “Band on the Run (Live)” (espher)
- Paul McCartney – “Jet (Live)” (espher)
- Paul McCartney – “Sing the Changes (Live)” (espher)
Rock Band Network Harmony Upgrades
- Amberian Dawn – “Snowmaiden” (espher)
- Anarbor – “Let The Games Begin” (GreenPanda12)
- The Slip – “Children of December” (espher)
Rock Band DLC 2010 Keys Upgrades
- No Doubt – “Tragic Kingdom” (MarsPhoenix)